With SAP Engineering Control Center interface to Solid Edge, cross-departmental teams can combine diverse data sources into one holistic overview of product data. This intelligent process helps companies deliver innovative products and services to the market faster.
With the integration of Solid Edge into SAP Engineering Control Center, assemblies, parts and drawings, as well as their dependent documents are seamlessly managed as structures in SAP PLM. All authorized users have access to the originals stored in a central, secure area to monitor the development process or make changes, which eliminates redundant process steps.
There is no need for a separate Product Data Management | PDM solution, as the functionality of the SAP system fills this gap. Solid Edge users work in their familiar environment and directly save the originals using the integrated ribbon menu. Bidirectional metadata exchange between Solid Edge and SAP eliminates unnecessary manual data entry.
The assignment of SAP material masters to Solid Edge assembly structures, as well as the automatic creation of multi-level SAP bills of materials are possible at the simple push of a button. This guarantees consistent data structures, and engineers gain more time for the actual design process.
Functions of the interface
- Creating, searching, opening, editing, saving and storing SAP documents
- Calling the Solid Edge file structure for status display in SAP (local files versus SAP documents)
- Import of complete Solid Edge assemblies and part structures, as well as of dependent documents into SAP
- Versioning, cloning, and copying as new documents
- Check-in / check-out of all originals and additional files with edit lock of checked-out documents
- Functions for SAP Material and SAP BOM management: e.g. Create, Assign, Change, and Display
- Integrated SAP Engineering Change Management and Collaboration
CIDEON add-ons: automation, optimization, integration
In addition to engineering standard solutions, CIDEON develops numerous enhancements for implementing special customer requirements in SAP ERP / SAP PLM.
CIDEON add-ons are easy-to-use tools with extensive functions that enable optimized processes for common work steps in SAP Document, Material, BOM, and Change Management. The add-ons can be easily integrated into SAP Engineering Control Center. Find out more on the CIDEON website.