Seamlessly integrate AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical product data into SAP PLM
With the integration of AutoCAD into SAP Engineering Control Center, drawings and external references, including their dependent documents, are seamlessly managed as structures in SAP PLM. All authorized users have access to the originals stored in a central, secure area called Single Source of Truth, to monitor the development process or make changes. This eliminates redundant process steps.
There is no need for a separate Product Data Management | PDM solution as the functionality of the SAP system fills this gap. AutoCAD users work in their familiar environment and directly save the originals using the integrated ribbon menu. Bidirectional metadata exchange between AutoCAD and SAP eliminates unnecessary manual data entry.
The assignment of SAP material masters to AutoCAD references and parts lists, as well as the automatic creation of multi-level SAP bills of materials are possible at the simple push of a button. This guarantees consistent data structures, and engineers gain more time for the actual design process.
Functions of the interface
- Creating, searching, opening, editing, saving, and storing SAP documents
- Calling the AutoCAD / AutoCAD Mechanical file structure for status display in SAP (local files versus SAP documents)
- Import of complete AutoCAD / AutoCAD Mechanical files and reference structures, as well as dependent documents into SAP
- Versioning, cloning, and copying as new documents
- Check-in / check-out of all originals and additional files with edit lock of checked-out documents
- Functions for SAP Material and BOM management: e.g. Create, Assign, Change, Display
- Integrated SAP Engineering Change Management and Collaboration
SAP ECTR interface to AutoCAD also includes the connection to AutoCAD Electrical.
CIDEON add-ons: automation, optimization, integration
In addition to engineering standard solutions, CIDEON develops numerous enhancements for implementing special customer requirements in SAP ERP / SAP PLM.
CIDEON add-ons are easy-to-use tools with extensive functions that enable optimized processes for common work steps in SAP Document, Material, BOM, and Change Management. The add-ons can be easily integrated into SAP Engineering Control Center. Find out more on the CIDEON website.